Recognition of previous High School education
For admission to the Bachelor’s degree program at the Faculty of Economics the candidate has to to achieve full secondary or finished professional (vocational) secondary education.
Students who graduated from high school abroad have to have their secondary school leaving certificate nostrified (recognized) by Czech authorities. It is called Nostrification process.
Without Nostrification document the students can not to be enrolled with the statu regular student. Untill the moment of submission Nostrification to us, student studies with a status “special student”. WARNING: Student can study in special status maximaly 2 semesters!
The best way how to understand up achieving this document is to follow this link .
Applicants need to submit:
- a notarized (officially certified) copy of a secondary school leaving certificate (diploma);
- a document confirming the content and scope of education completed in a foreign school (all subjects overview with number of hours for every particular year of study);
- an apostille or a legalization clause on the above documents if necessary (legalization by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of the state where the certificate was issued as well as legalization by the Embassy of the Czech Republic) – depends on the state where the certificate was issued;
- an official translations into Czech of the above documents, made by a translator listed on the Register of Certified Forensic Experts and Translators of the Czech Republic;
- A filled in “Žádost o uznání zahraničního vzdělání“ (Application for the Recognition of Foreign Education);
- A receipt of payment for the administrative fee CZK 1000 (cash payment).
All the documents above have to be submitted to one of the Regional Authorities in the Czech Republic depending on the applicant´s address in the Czech Republic. In case the applicant has no address in the Czech Republic, he/she can choose and submit the documents to one of the Regional Authorities, e.g.:
Magistrát hlavního města Prahy / Prague City Hall
Odbor školství mládeře a tělovýchovy / Department od Education, Youth and Sport
(Detailed information on handling procedure, required documents, fees, time limits and existing law are :http://www.praha.eu/jnp/cz/home/magistrat/jak_si_zaridit_mhmp/skolstvi/uznavani_rovnocennosti_a_nostrifikace.html
At the same time there are downloadable form “Application for recognition of foreign education.” )
Regional Authority of the Central Bohemia Region (4th floor):
Krajský úřad Středočeského kraje (Regional Authority of the Central Bohemia Region)
Department of Education, Youth and Sport
Zborovská 11, 150 21 Praha 5
Official Hours: Monday and Wednesday 8:00 – 17:00
Tuesday, Thursday and Friday 8:00 – 14:00
The Regional Authority can:
- issue a “Certificate of Equivalence” in case of the existence of an international treaty recognizing the equivalence of educational documents;
- issue a positive decision on the recognition of a foreign certificate in the case of the same content and scope of education;
- issue a negative decision on the recognition of a foreign certificate in the case of completely different content or scope of education;
- order a nostrification examination (from chosen subject/s), which must be passed as a prerequisite for a positive decision, in the case of partially different content or scope of education. It can be done with help of a court interpreter, on the applicant´s expenses.
It is strongly recommended to proceed personally to those who can manage it.
The applicants, who have no other possibility, can proceed through the University of Economics, Prague (VŠE). All required documents have to be sent to us no later than till the end of August! Later the Applicant/student will have to issue Nostrification by him/herself!
In case that the Applicant wants our hep to start this procedure:
- A power of attorney is needed (prepared by VŠE and signed by the applicant);
- Transfer of money for payment for the administrative fee (40 EUR) and payment for other fees is needed (e.g. official translations from English into Czech – approx. 30 EUR per page);
- Official translations into Czech of all documents will be ensured by VŠE in the Czech Republic.
If you will havy questions regarding Nostrification process you can contact Ms. Lucie Wagnerová ( firstname.lastname@example.org)