VŠE Offers Various Forms of Assistance to Ukrainian Students
In connection with the situation in Ukraine, the Prague University of Economics and Business and its faculties will provide the following forms of assistance:
- VŠE will provide accommodation for refugees from Ukraine, who are family members of VŠE students, on its premises in Točná. The capacity of this accommodation facility is 25 people. Please send applications to the Chancellor of VŠE, doc. Mgr. Andrej Tóth, Ph.D. (email@example.com).
- VŠE is ready to accept a total of 30 Ukrainian students (5 per faculty) to study in Czech or English, who will not be able to continue studying economic study programmes at Ukrainian universities due to the situation in Ukraine, and provide them with a scholarship to cover study costs and stay in the Czech Republic. A scholarship of CZK 15,000 per month will be paid to refugees from the moment they are admitted to VŠE until the end of August 2022. Subsequently, VŠE will provide a solution so that these student refugees can continue their studies in the next academic year. Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Current Ukrainian students of VŠE, who lose their financial support from their families, can apply to the Dean of their faculty for a one-time special scholarship (the application is submitted via InSIS).
- Students who would need psychological help as a result of the trauma caused by the war can turn to the Academic Psychological Counselling, which will give them such help as a matter of priority. Students can write at email@example.com and then receive specific information and the date, time and name of the advisor who will be dedicated to them at the given time.
- In case of study questions and problems, students can contact their study assistants or vice-deans for study.
- Students can also turn to their fellow students – members of the Academic Senate of VŠE – for support and help in this difficult situation:
- Erik Nikerle – firstname.lastname@example.org
- Matěj Pokorný – email@example.com
- Tomáš Reml – firstname.lastname@example.org
- Lukáš Hulínský – email@example.com
- Štěpán Staněk – firstname.lastname@example.org
Information for citizens of Ukraine on the website of the Ministry of Interior of the Czech Republic https://www.mvcr.cz/clanek/informace-pro-obcany-ukrajiny.aspx
Assistance to foreigners living in the Czech Republic – Caritas of the Archdiocese of Prague https://praha.charita.cz/en/
Association for Integration and Migration